Welcome

I believe in hospitality, I believe that every guest is a honored guest, I believe every birthday is a reason to celebrate, I believe in simple, I believe in over the top, I believe we should each Party On!
-Amanda Jenkins

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chocolate Fountain


This year I coordinated the volunteer snack rooms for vacation bible school at Cascade Hills Church. The last day I wanted to do something really special for the many volunteers who gave their time and talents. What better way to thank them for being so sweet than by breaking out my chocolate fountain! I decided to do this on a Monday and had to set it up Thursday. With little time to shop I looked around my stash  of party supplies and realized I have a lot of orange stuff. So orange and chocolate desert table it is. I used scrapbook paper to make labels for the assortment of treats. I had the great orange flowers left over from a birthday  dinner. I gathered my white dishes and placed four of them on orange scrapbook paper. I always elevate the chocolate fountain so that it takes center stage. I used a white metal container flipped upside down and added brown ribbon for a little interest. Cans wrapped in brown fabric held skewers on each side of the fountain. It was a simple table, but had a lot of impact. The vibrant orange really popped off the chocolate brown table cloth. The best part was hearing the volunteers oooh and ahhh as they covered their treats in chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment