Welcome

I believe in hospitality, I believe that every guest is a honored guest, I believe every birthday is a reason to celebrate, I believe in simple, I believe in over the top, I believe we should each Party On!
-Amanda Jenkins

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Every party doesn't have to be a BIG party!

As I approach my son's birthday this Friday, I am completly suprised that my sunroom aka work area isn't a disaster. It's easy to tell when I am working on a party because my sunroom turns into party central. I set up folding tables to practice centerpieces and arrangements. I lay out platters and cake stands to figure out how I am going to set everything up. No, I don't just automatically know where I am going to put things!

This year I decided to hold a small birthday party for my son. I have to admit that in the begining I wasn't even sure what "small"  really meant. Small guest list? Small budget? I once threw a dinner party for 6 girls with a budget of $600. I have thrown a party for 20 guests on $200. For this year I have decided that small to me will mean:

1. Not visiting 10 different stores to find the best deal on coordinated party goods without looking too matchy matchy, yeah I ordered this party set from orientaltrading.com. ( I love orientaltrading.com by the way)
2. Not staying up late cutting out shapes or letters for a super cute custom banner that kids rarely notice.
3. I won't spend more time setting up the party, then  actually enjoying the party.
4. I will not be making any of the food! Maybe a punch to put in my drink dispenser... No, not even a punch. Hello, Wal Mart!
5. I will have this party somewhere other than my home(Cherry Berry Frozen Yogurt party room, It's free!)

When I talked to my soon to be 10 year old about this party plan he didn't seem let down at all. He is excited about frozen yogurt, xbox kinect, and a few great friends.

A lot of moms think they have to go all out or go home for every party. I say every party doesn't have to be a BIG party, to be BIG fun!  I believe in being tasteful and making the guest feel honored, but I never make myself un happy planning a party.

Small birthday party pictures to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment