Welcome

I believe in hospitality, I believe that every guest is a honored guest, I believe every birthday is a reason to celebrate, I believe in simple, I believe in over the top, I believe we should each Party On!
-Amanda Jenkins

Monday, October 5, 2009

Murder mystery


















Lounge area. Floating roses in little glass trays.






Card playing












These are pictures of my 1920's speakeasy murder mystery party. It was called Murder at The Four Deuces . I did a black and white with little touches of red theme. A good friend of mine made the four deuces playing cards for the wall. I used two black sheets hanging from the ceiling to make a black swag. Martini coasters decorated the food table, but the best decorations was the great tiered black and white cake from Pat a cakes. One room was the gambling room set up with a blackjack table. We also had a lounge area and dance floor. One of my favorite crafts was making the roses in a vase of domino's. It wasn't easy getting the dominos lined up in glass vase like that but it was super cute. One thing not pictured was the room with dance floor. On one wall I used black streamers to make stripes on the wall. All the guests got their picture taken in front of this wall too. It was an easy way to create a focal wall. I really enjoyed this party and look forward to another murder mystery in the future.
















No comments:

Post a Comment