Welcome

I believe in hospitality, I believe that every guest is a honored guest, I believe every birthday is a reason to celebrate, I believe in simple, I believe in over the top, I believe we should each Party On!
-Amanda Jenkins

Friday, October 2, 2009

Orange and chocolate dinner party









For my mother in laws birthday dinner I wanted to do something elegant with a little festive flair. Since this is the begining of fall I wanted to use orange and chocolate brown. I found the fabric for the runner at Joann's Faric and used scrapbook paper found at Hobby Lobby for placemats. I tied orange and brown ribbon around each glass and on top of bird cage. My good friend Alison made the three tiered cake for us. I almost always use plac cards because I want to control who I sit next to and to promote conversation among guests. At the head of every plate I placed an orange flower in a mini vase to tie the color sceme together. Everyone enjoyed the dinner and I think the decor was enough without going over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment